When we settle arguments around here, we usually slice our wrists open and drink blood to seal it. What's a minor case of hepatitis C between friends?

The problem with the "Flynt model" is that no one else but Larry Flynt is in a position to execute it. Flynt is already involved in distribution and wholesaling; the relationships VCA had with GVA and other distributors were probably hindering the new ownership more than helping. As for the walk-out by staff, it did happen but I'm not sure who they were and what they did, or if they weren't all going to be replaced by more LFP loyalists down the line anyway (people rarely give up security for principles, in my experience, so the lack of security would make that much much easier).

VCA's product lines are certainly nothing that can't be copied in an industry that loves driving a good concept into the ground. All I can figure out is that the real value was in the catalog, in which case VCA functioning as an active movie studio (with the staff included) is sort of irrelevant.

But again, since he already owns the distribution channels, it was unprecedented. Unless someone can get their hand in the pockets of retailers, I don't see another LFP strategy coming down the pipe. (Sin City owns or has a piece of GVA, don't they?)

For years everyone's been talking about VOD, but do any of the "old guard" make serious money on it? A number of niche websites have moved into selling their product on DVD, I'm curious how it's worked the other way around. If it functions as just another website plug-in to license to operators, it seems like it'd be a very small piece of the $30 sign-up.