If you have spent any time around the Hedgehog -- unfortunately like myself -- you quickly realize he thinks he is very funny and this 'humor' manifests itself in a pathetic, very bad, not good, Borscht-belt kind of way. Considering his ethnicity, age, and upbringing: Jewish, 1960s New York City, that style makes sense.

I'm sure being put into an hostile environment -- men's lockup -- where he is not being fawned over by young filmmakers and other entertainment types he usually likes courting, he is probably trying to joke his way out of unpleasant situations. A large Negro cellmate named Majestic who hails from South-Central LA or one named Angel, a Hispanic gangbanger, will not get nor be amused by ersatz, warmed-over Shelly Berman schtick.

Maybe his POC cellmate(s) would be amused by the Hedgehog sucking his own cock, a feat he may not be able to perform anymore considering the much additional girth he has accumulated over the decades.