Originally Posted By: Blue
Originally Posted By: CxGxPx
Originally Posted By: Blue
If you're an illegal immigrant who's killed two police officers and is facing the death penalty the liberals have your back.

If you happen to be an unborn fetes then their attitude tends to be more along the lines of "kill it...... kill it, kill it, kill it".

The death penalty is an entirely different kettle of fish. Libertarians and liberals tend to overlap on the death penalty because of the idea that it grants to much power to the state to be able to kill anyone even if they are the most heinous blood thirsty child raping murderer. Also because of the margin of error. Even if it is in the single digits we know statistically that innocent people have and will continue to be executed. I used to be rabidly pro death penalty and I think there are plenty of people who deserve to die for the crimes they have committed but I think that margin of error is too high a price to pay for that blood lust.

Now with Abortion. At what point does a fetus move from a pile of cells into a human being. What about cases of rape and incest. Cases of threats to life of the mother.

Thanks for contributing

Blah, blah, blah. At it's core both acts are taking a life. And yes, a fetus (happy JB?) is a life. It won't mature into a rock or a tree, but a human.

That said I agree with first trimester abortions. If a woman really doesn't want the child then maybe for the best.

My wife had one before I meant her. Already had a daughter and felt trapped financially. If she would have had the child I doubt I would have married her and taken on two children that weren't mine. Then my son wouldn't be here, and that would be to bad as it seems he will be an asset to society.

What if someone was to say to you that first trimester abortion was still killing a human? You are still ignoring the questions about rape and incest and life of the mother. Your anecdotes about your personal experience are not really relavent here. If you believe Abortion is murder would you support the death penalty for someone who has one.