The ref might not have seen it but BDM tagged me in just before he jumped over the turnbuckle.

My thoughts on this.

1. It takes two to tango both sides have responsibility in this. Castro used fighting the evil of Batista as justification for his own evil. Lenin used fighting the evil of the Tzars as justification for his own evil. Arafat used fighting the evil of Israel as justification for his own evil. Mugambe used the past racist and segregationist policies of the Rhodesian government as justification for an agricultural policy that led his entire country to famine. Hitler himself used what he saw as the evil (as in the harshness and severeness) of the Treaty of Versailles as justification for his evils. History is rife with one side using fighting the evil of another side as justification of their own evils. Being the lesser of two evils is still evil and should not be glorified. Antifa has a history of using violence and intimidation as tactics against not only Nazis but anyone else who does not agree with their tactics or their points of view. Totalitarianism is always evil no matter how noble the intent. The end result is always oppression no matter what the original goal was. And believing in this does not make one a Nazi sympathizer (I will make this point clearer in thought #3.)

2. If we are fighting Nazis here why are we tearing down statues of historical figures who died half a century before Nazism was even born? Why are we focusing on tearing down Robert E. Lee when I haven't heard one report of any statue of Charles Lindbergh being touched?

I don't like the tearing down of any statues of historical figures. This is what ISIS does. This is what the totalitarianist state in 1984 did. This is not what Americans should be doing. One day it is a statue, how long before it is a history book? Also once an entity gets the power to draw a line between what is acceptable/offensive and what is not acceptable/offensive that entity never stops drawing lines. It may start out with the most reprehensible ideology in the world but the next day it becomes the next most reprehensible ideology in the world. The day after that it becomes the third most reprehensible ideology in the world. It eventually moves at glacier speed so that ten years from now the 3642nd most reprehensible ideology in the world is taboo.

3. This whole situation was handled terribly wrong. A little calmness, ingenuity, and subtleness would have ended in a much more preferable outcome. How I would have handled this situation.

1. Tell Antifa to pound sand, one batch of idiots is enough for authorities to keep an eye on.

2. Get the Nazis to their permit spot and then do...nothing. Ignore them completely. Let them have their little rally. Let them spend all afternoon in the August Virginia sun. Then when the rally is all over...

3. We are in the South and Southern hospitality is legendary. I see no reason to change this tradition. After the Nazis are all hot, sweaty, and stinky offer to round them up in the backs of trucks and take them to the nearest showerhouse.