I never really cared where Obama was born, so I didn't follow the whole birther movement thing. But, I seem to recall that even what Obama did finally release still didn't satisfy the birthers as far as being the original document.

Anyway, a birth certificate is a requirement to become President. Releasing your taxes isn't although it's a long-standing tradition. In case you haven't noticed, Trump doesn't really seem to care about those sorts of things.

And Obama never released his college transcripts, which was also a long-standing tradition and no one in the media seemed to care. That was probably because in between sucking each other's dicks, they didn't want to possibly expose the truth about a President that they had already declared to be the smartest in U.S. history. And who knows if he might've listed himself as being from Africa to ease the admissions process.