Originally Posted By: Steezo
Btw, nice turkey breast, Jerks. Is that a single-bevel chef's knife?

Single bevel? You mean just one side? If so, no. Hollow ground on both sides. Illinois Cutlery 10" cook knife, I think they went under in the 90s. Have a wood block set w/ 10" cook, 12" slicer, 6" utility, a pairing knife and a 10 or 12" steel. Also have a 10" serrated from them.

I used that because I didn't feel like getting out a cutting board and having something else to wash. Can't use a straight slicer on a platter.

Thinking of the company just made me google them and I found this ebay ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Illinois-Cu...A-/111833746746

That "black walnut handle" is plastic w/ a wood grain texture. Also, it aint "Made in the USA" They put JAPAN on the knife right next to the edge, so the first time you sharpen it, it is gone.

Here is how it is on my serrated knife, the only one that hasn't been sharpened.

Oh, and that knife is listed as Vintage, pre 1970, but it is from the 80s/early 90s.

Edited by Jerkules (08/13/16 09:50 PM)