I once had a whitetail deermeat steak at my friend's marinated and prepared in a smoker with hickory chips. And even though hairy buffalo was involved it was objectively the juiciest, tenderest, most delicious meat I have ever eaten. Now understand, I have never eaten in a decent restaurant and I estimate that probably 88% of all hot meals I've eaten over the course of my miserable existence have come out of a microwave. However this is Ohio, where they give children excused timeoff from elementary school to go deer hunting with Dad. But a large portion of these idiots wrap their venison in bacon or turn it into hamburger helper. This is not culture so much. Another interesting fact perrhaps is that I have never been hunting, only fire a gun twice (courtesy of same friend above, the day after 9/11 he was in his back acreahe watching tje sky fully prepared to shoot down any aircraft that wasn't supposed to be there and had the illegal arms to do it), I'm a liberal and a vegetarian but non practicing because I want to be dirty and within the belly of the beast.