^ I was never happier to take a shower than I was last night. It took hours and hours of snaking the kitchen sink drain to get this unblocked. It all happened because I had family staying over and wanted to quietly clean up late at night without waking anyone up. So I ran this big container of pulled pork and potatoes through the disposal a little too quickly I guess.

The stuff just all massed up somewhere down the drain and every time I would snake it, it would just move a little further down the line and block it up all over again. I tried a hand-operated drain auger at first before switching to an electric snake. I ended up breaking two electric snakes during this drain clearing attempt.

The first thing I did (because I am a genius) was look up on the internet how to unblock a drain and ended up trying some mixture of baking soda and vinegar, which did nothing but ended up leaving me smelling like swine and vinegar at the end of the day. My arms are completely sore today from the combination of working the drain auger and plunging the sink.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the drain unplugged, so after breaking the second electric snake, I sat down on the couch, admitted defeat and told my family we would have to call a plumber. Immediately after this, from the kitchen there was a sudden WOOOSH! sound and the drain cleared itself. My Mom claims it's because she said a prayer. "Little flower, in this hour, show your power."

Drain snake plugged with pork:

Attachments
porkysnake.jpg (110 downloads)