Concussion- will smith nfl movie. Pretty darn good. Solid performances and script. Worth watching.

99 Homes- Michael Shannon plays a bad-ass realtor opportunist who repo's and evicts during the housing bubble crisis of 08. Good solid movie, but relentlessly depressing. Shannon is fucking great.

Steve Jobs- not bad, not great. Seth Rogan was a surprise, he made it through the film without fucking up and distracting.

Spotlight- Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo break the pedo-priest coverups. Solid script and performances. More about journalism than about priests and abuse.(that's a positive)

Hateful Eight- more self-indulgent bullshit from Quentin. This one is just Reservoir Dogs set in the old west. (trapped in a confined space looking for the mole/traitor). The story is stolen directly from a 1960 episode of The Rebel called Fair Game. Punch that episode title into IMDB and read the synopsis after you watch Hateful.

Star Wars ep7- same beats repeated over again from the first three movies. Cantina, light sabre duel on high bridge, dropping bombs from an x-wing down a rabbit hole, blowing up a huge black death sphere, etc, etc. Same shit, different faces. Meh.

Joy- Jennifer Lawrence gives a good performance, but the movie takes way too long to kick-in. Doesn't really start until Bradley Cooper's character enters. Waste of DeNiro and not much of a story to tell.

Inside Out- Pixar kid pic with Amy Pohler. Not bad, but no Toy Story.

So far, the best of the year for me are Big Short, Diary of a Teenage Girl, Mad Max, and Love & Mercy. Still waiting to see Trumbo, Anomalisa, and the movie about The Who's managers Lambert & Stamp.