Originally Posted By: J.B.
Originally Posted By: backdoorman
I went berserk at the Marble City mini-con and bought 170 bucks worth of silver age and golden age comics. Most were on sale at 5 bucks a pop. Lots of Adventure, Worlds Finest, Supergirl, Superboy and a mixture of Challengers of the Unknown, Mystery in Space and Strange Adventures.

I never really collected stuff like this, but I'm curious: Is there a seasonal timing to this stuff, like School starts in September and within a few weeks all the mom's go berserk and toss their kids' comics or something (and thus the cheap price)? Or does it just seem that way?

Not so much seasonal as an incident of opportunity. The guy that had the 5 dollar ones had purchased a big estate sale and was thinning stock. Some of the other vendors there had what I considered to be overpriced silver age stuff. Still was able to cull a few from them. This was a mini con and had been a little hurriedly put together. It followed Fan boy con the weekend before which drew a huge crowd. There were more comics at the mini though than at the other one. I met a couple minor characters from Deadpool and The Walking Dead at this one. Both hollered at me to come over cause I had on my "Blacula" tee shirt. lol