Come on, bro. When Yogi gets to heaven, you think he's asking for a Mets cap? This picture says it all about Yogi's career. I can't tell which one has the "5" on it to commemorate the 5 in a row they won.

Here is an article about his time in the Navy. He was a gunner's mate on a "rocket boat" during the D-Day Invasion.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2013/10/yogi_berras_d-day_service_reme.html

Quote:
Part of the job was to shoot down any plane “that flew beneath the clouds,” Berra said. “One of the first ones we got was one of our own. They were yelling at us, ‘What the hell are you doing?’

“And the way those waves were sending us up and down, we had to be careful we didn’t shoot each other.”

In the later hours, the boats circled back and exchanged more gunfire. In the days after the landing, they patrolled the coast, still being strafed by the enemy and returning fire. Berra remembers firing his “twin 50” into a German gun nest ensconced in a hotel on Utah Beach.
“I think I might have got a couple of them,” he said with the little laugh that punctuates much of what he says.