Hey I like the idea of a bigger paycheck as much as the next guy and I like free shit as much as the next guy but riddle me this. Who the hell is going to pay for all this free shit because it ain't going to be free?

You jack up the minimum wage you make more money. Companies and businesses jack up the prices of their shit because they aren't going to take the hit out of their profits. ( And fucking forget about expecting shareholders to take it out of their dividends either. There's a fucking reason Wal-Mart stock fell about 30% right after they announced they would increase their starting wages.) So just like Patrick Ewing you will be making more money but you will be spending more as well. Groceries will go up because wages to grocery store employees will go up. Gas will go up because wages to convenience store workers wages will go up. Eating out will cost more because restaurant employees will cost more. So on and so on. Same with all the free days off stuff. Someone is paying for that and if it isn't the consumer it will be the taxpayer. (Hint, hint they are one and the same.) You can't just turn one knob up on the economic studio board without fucking up all the levels the other knobs are set at too.