Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
Cool as fuck, steez. I think I might get the kid and meself one for Christmas.

Thanks. Hopefully people aren't as paranoid in your area as they are up here. There was a story in the local paper about a guy who happened to be flying in a neighborhood at around the same time that school busses were dropping kids off at the end of the day. The story got spun into a guy stalking schoolchildren with his evil drone.

For one, if you're up in the air, you can't make out any details of people on the ground below you. The camera doesn't zoom and people look like ants. Second, the battery life on my drone is roughly 20 minutes, so that's the limit of how long you could "stalk" someone. And then it also has blinking lights on it and sounds like a swarm of angry bees.

Still, at the end of my flight the other day some old guy made sure he stopped to photograph me landing my drone and then walked off with a smirk on his face like he'd caught me doing something wrong.