Originally Posted By: gia jordan

Yes, I'm here in Brooklyn. Lucky for me, my rent is stabilized so it's still cheap.

Ok, let's first define manspreading for the peeps outside the tri-state area. It means that a man is sitting on the subway with his knees spread, taking up room on an alrrady crowded train. Personally, I don't see this often, and it's a new term though it's aways been a thing. Not a social epidemic but not as annoying as other train pet peeves. I find more annoying are:

People who slowly walk into the train. Move your fucking ass! If I miss my train because the doors shut on me because you're walking in like you're walking to the gallows, I will kill you.

People who don't pack it into the middle when it's crowded. Move to the middle. Pack it in, people. More people are getting on, and it's rush hour. Unless your stop is next (or soon) don't stand near the doors.

People who don't sit in a vacant seat on an already packed train. Unless that seat is dirty, sit. Someone plesse sit to make more standing room.

I've been bouncing between NYC and SF the past year and both places would like for me to move there, but all I do is see the rents climb. Now, I'm paid an obscene amount of money to begin with so i'm not crying poor. I am not ready to emerge from Appalachia for an extended period of time, though I yearn for culture when I'm here for more than a month.

I saw some examples of 'man spreading' which were really douchebags being douchebags. What annoyed me was listening to some shrill woman try to tell me I should 'cross my legs like the ladies do.' first, fuck off, and second, you don't see my knee injury which makes those kind of movements really fucking hard.

As for people moving slowly onto trains - I will end up planting one of those fucks into the tracks. I was told to "slow down old man" last time I was up there and I said "fuck you, i'm 50 I don't have much time left and I got a lot of shit to do, i don't have time for you fucks wasting my time"

But I'm confused about crowded trains - from reading the web it sounded like every NY resident either drove for Uber or used Uber.