Originally Posted By: J.B.
Which ain't "grilled", even in Panzersprecht.

If he actually had an indoor grill, par-cooking would be acceptable, but not par-boiling. Just dip 'em in a solution of liquid smoke & water and sorta steam/roast 'em in a covered oven pan at 350 until they're fully --but not overly-- done and allow to cool. Take all the drippings from the pan and pour into a tall container to separate in the fridge overnight. (Or use a gravy separator if you're in a hurry.)

The next day, discard the fat from the drippings and sautee some finely-minced onions and garlic in the gelatin that remains. Add bourbon, molasses, brown sugar, then season to taste. Allow it to achieve consistency at a slow simmer. Finish the ribs (whose flavor and texture have benefited from a night in the fridge) on the grill with the sauce.

It's not real Barbecue by any of the major regional measures, but for indoor, NYC apt. dwelling, it can't be beat.

I got 2 griddles. I oil-up and spice-up the meat, get it on the pre-heated griddle and do the same with the topside. Then I splurt some Red Hot on meat and do the same to topside of the meat. Then I switch the griddle to a clean one, because smoke builds-up and I have no range hood and then add the BBQ sauce. It was great. Beats the Peter Luger steaks.