LOL. "Jeterisation" over the top no doubt. But, hell, TUP, in a city like this, it's pretty hard to find legit heroes of any kind.

And, Posnanski's spot on with this

Originally Posted By: Posnanski
He hit well and fielded … he hit well. He managed to stay controversy free in the age of controversy. He was never caught or suspected of using steroids in the age of steroids. He played shortstop and served as captain for the dominant team of the era. It’s a career worth celebrating.

There's a shitload I could go on about, from the sins of the Steinbrenners, both father and sons, to that fucking A-Roid, to Giuliani and Bloombucks and whether we even needed a new stadium, to that fucking A-Roid,to the entire culture of NYC, to that fucking A-Roid, to sports in general, to that fucking A-Roid, and, well, to that fucking A-Roid. No matter.

In a town as corrupt as this, it's like Jimmy Stewart leaving the building, and, leftie though I am, I don't see anyone in the DeBlasio era filling his shoes. So I have no problem giving The Capitan his victory lap. None whatsoever.