Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
I don't disagree with any of that, except to say that I think we give too much credence to this idea that prisons are full of dudes busted for smoking pot. If that were the case I figure there'd be fewer shankings and rapes.

I guess my thing is it's hard to get outraged over everything that's fucked up. For whatever reason, this is low on my radar. That's lazy life.

i knew what you meant and where you come from. rapists and murderers deserve what they get. in my world they get shipped to china, china sends us the bill for the bullet. fair enough, yes?.

however.. federal drug sentencing laws are questionable at best. excluding pot dealers(or any dealers) most of these people are addicts and that makes them no different than alcoholics. and that's a disease where a judge sends you to a 12 step program on your first and second offense that makes you bend your will to god or a higher power. so basically, the federal gov't endorses Christianity and/or the belief in aliens to fix yourself or else. this might just be me though. crazy