Originally Posted By: Jerkules
Hey, you think it is bad that Terry Richardson allegedly won't shoot a non famous chick unless she fucks him?

I don't see the big deal, cause they could get pics done elsewhere. It aint like he is the only game in town, and it aint like every broad doesn't know his reputation.

Nice victim blaming.

A lot of models don't know who Terry Richardson is. They're more interested in the clothes and getting a campaign one day. Most of these girls are underage. The ones that do know his rep feel compelled to do what he says because he's so lauded in the fashion world that he can make or break your career. Most of the agents are in on his antics. When you're 15, owe your agency tons of money from your book (portfolio) and model house fees, what are you going to do? Walk out and miss an opportunity to pay everyone back? Complain to your agent and get fired?

Models don't choose to work with famous photographers. You don't wake up one day and say, "After coffee, I'll tell Next I'd like to test with Testino." They choose you through your agency. To even get a test shot (unpaid) is a huge deal.