I am happy with the Nexus 5, it is about half the price of a comparable Samsung. This thing feels to be about half the weight of my HTC Evo that I replaced though about 25 percent bigger.

The SD card is a weird thing on Android, my HTC had one. It appears that Androids that split the memory across internal and SD still need to have the internal memory available for the apps even though you can move most of the app to the SD card, it still needs "hooks" in the internal memory. My HTC Evo was through Sprint and they loaded it with shit I couldn't delete (Nascar, Blockbuster, Amazon, etc) and it used up precious internal memory and they were not moveable to the SD card.

Nexus 5 has all internal memory and those restrictions don't apply. Also the Nexus 5 has no bullshit carrier apps installed. On my 16G phone, before I installed anything it had about 14G free. If you have a need for a ton of space, the Nexus 5 comes in a 32G version.