Originally Posted By: Jerkules
Oswald?

OOOOOH.

I'm pro Oswald. If it wasn't for 2 bullets and a dead hooker, we would have been cursed w/ 24 yrs of Kennedys in the White House.

i've been waiting for a conspiracy thread. this will do.
of course there was more than one shooter. the gov't even says so. there was lee, harvey, and oswald. crazy
moving on...

this is ripped from another forum and @the bold above...

My dad's theory on why JFK was really killed
This conspiracy theory about JFK makes the most sense

Here goes:

Throughout history, "democracy" has been rare. In most societies, people chose a king to rule over them. They would give the king absolute power and the king would do whatever he wanted. There was no "rule of law" or "checks and balances" or different branches. The king could just do whatever he wanted. I think its rooted in our ape DNA to just give the alpha male absolute power and obey him. Furthermore, there were no "elections" for king - after the king died they would just make his son king. I think humans have a strong feeling for family so if they form an emotional connection with the king they will have the same connection to his son.

Even though monarchy is dying out, this is still how dictatorships operate: one man has absolute power and when he dies his son takes over. Ok.

Now, the closest America has ever come to being a dictatorship was during the term of Franklin Roosevelt. He pulled the country out of the Depression and won World War 2 - people loved him. In fact, the only reason the modern Democratic party exists is because of FDR. He was so popular that he was elected 4 times. If he hadn't died during his last term he probably would have keep gotten elected until died.

Furthermore, FDR had more power than most presidents and was steadily gaining new power every day. When he first introduced the New Deal the various laws were getting struck down by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional because they didn't believe the federal government had the power to regulate those aspects of the economy (i.e., they didn't read the "interstate commerce" clause as broadly as FDR wanted them to). In response, FDR threatened to keep adding justices to the Supreme Court until they started approving his laws. Technically the president is allowed to do that, but in effect FDR was taking over the Supreme Court and destroying the concept of "separation of powers" and "checks and balances." In short, FDR was becoming a dictator.

After FDR died, Americans got really worried about another president having so much power so they passed a law stating that a president could only serve 2 terms. Well, FDR's Ambassador to the UK was a guy named Joseph Kennedy and he found a loophole to this law. Each PARTICULAR PRESIDENT could only serve 2 terms, but there was no law keeping different people from the same family becoming president. So under Joseph Kennedy's plan, he would use his financial power (he was rich) and his political connections to get his son Joseph Kennedy Jr. elected President of the United States. After Josephs' 2 terms were over, then the people would elect his son John. After John's terms were done, then people would elect his son Robert. And then Edward. By the time Edward's 2 terms were done, Joseph's sons would be old enough to run for President. Long story short: America would become a dictatorship ruled by the Kennedys. Each Kennedy would have enough kids to ensure that there was a steady of crops to become President.

Joseph Senior's plan immediately hit a snag. His son Joseph Jr. was killed in World War 2.

Joseph Jr. had been expected to be President and after he died, his father Joseph Senior got drunk and stated that "my plan has been ruined"!

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
From a very young age Joe was groomed by his father and predicted to be the nation's first Roman Catholic-Irish President of the United States, when he was born his grandfather John F. Fitzgerald (1863—1950), then Mayor of Boston told the news, "This child is the future President of the nation". He often boasted that he would be president even without help from his father.
He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1940. Joe planned to run for Massachusetts's 11th congressional district in 1946. He and his father had begun laying the groundwork for the campaign when he was killed.
Well after Joseph died we all know what happened - the next son stepped up: John Fitzgerald Kennedy. And the rest is history. The powers that be realized that this family was gaining too much power, so not only did they kill JFK, they killed his brother Robert, (they didn't need to kill Edward, he fucked himself over), they killed his son JFK Jr., etc.., etc... People say its a "curse" but who really believes that.

I think this theory makes more sense than any other theory. PEople say that JFK was going to bring down the Federal Reserve bank, or change our foreign policy, etc..., but he would only have the power to do that if he became more powerful than a regular president.

TLDR - Kennedy was killed to prevent America from becoming a Kennedy dictatorship.