If you want the phone to be thicker, go with a silicone over hard shell case. Front and back plastic pieces snap over the phone, then the silcone wraps around it. Mine even has plug tabs to seal off the inputs for charging and ear piece.

I like that it doesn't have a film over the screen, like an OtterBox. As soon as I get a phone, I have them put a screen protector on it. I jam it in my pocket w/ change, lighters, and metal pens. Thing would be scratched to shit in days. Plus, an OtterBox is like $70? Fuck that. I didn't pay that much for my phone.

This is what I have, http://www.amazon.com/Kickstand-Silicon-...=A2F16HI5S35R6P As you can see from the pics, it pretty much doubles the thickness of the phone.

Seller is out of NY, not Hong Kong, so it gets to you much quicker.

I have a thin snap on hard case that I paid a couple bucks for, because the big blue case does look goofy if you are going out someplace nice. The phone is so thin with just that on it, that I have a hard time holding it and keeping it steady when I take a pic.