Originally Posted By: gia jordan
People really build an annual shrine to him outside that joint? Still?

It getting smaller and it usually is only on Halloween. For the first several years the shrine was multi-day with a ton of candles, flowers and pictures and the club was closed on Halloween to honor his memory.

Speaking of River's premature death, the person apparently blamed for this is younger brother Joaquin, as he did not want to get EMS involved and get busted for drugs. Supposedly River could have survived had Joaquin did the right thing and called 911 when he collapsed.

I watched The Master recently, no more Paul Thomas Anderson or Joaquin Phoenix movies for me ever again. Had I seen that piece of shit in the theaters, I would have demanded my money back. PTA movies don't make money and they are long, boring and self-indulgent. Why does this guy keep getting funding? He is the cheaper version of M. Night Shayamalan. The only movie of his that was worth watching was Boogie Nights and I have seen that too many times. Don't try convince me that Magnolia or There Will Be Blood is all kinds of awesome as they are both long, slow and self-indulgent.