Foster's crew managed to make one more atrocious call and one highly questionable decision. With two out Royals batter hit a ground ball to Trumbo who was playing about ten feet or so off first. Trumbo jogs over to the bag and then goes on to the dug out. Umpire rules that Trumbo never stepped on the bag and calls the Royals batter safe. Replay clearly shows Trumbo stepped on the bag. Sciosia comes out and blows a gasket. Immediately after a Fox Sports Kansas City mic picks up Sciosia say fuck you to Foster from the dugout but Foster doesn't run him. (Royals, being managed by Yost, end up with men on first and third with two outs and the tying run at the plate. Yost uses some scrub just called up from Omaha who was hitting .194 in AAA as a pinch hitter which results in a predictable ground out to the shortstop.)

Ninth inning same score two runners on and one out Jeff Francouer(who was put in to replace Butler) at the plate. Swings and misses at strike three and is called out by Foster who was behind home plate today . Francouer then argues after the call that he foul tipped the pitch and asks Foster to check for pine tar on the baseball. Foster gets the ball, looks at it and changes the call to a foul tip. Sciosia goes even more ballistic at Foster and gets tossed. Francouer, with his extraordinary ability to swing at any pitch located on the outside corner of the western hemisphere then flies out to the center fielder. Angels get the next batter to end game and hopefully Marty Foster's umpiring career. I am absolutely 1000% percent certain that Sciosia's head would have exploded Scanners style in the club house had Francouer homered on the next pitch.

Edited by the unknown pervert (05/26/13 11:14 PM)