Originally Posted By: backdoorman
There is a small Chinese restaurant in a nearby Ky. town that is primarily take out but has a few tables for sitting. It is in the back part of a parking lot basically in an alley. Everyone calls it "Ghetto Chinese". The store is a bit run down but recently was remodeled and gets an "A" on its health scores. I know the health inspector and he's tough. So its a genuine score. Everything is cooked in front of you. They politely ask you what you want in broken Engrish and then turn and scream belligerently in Chinese your order ! It's funny as hell. They have the best Garlic Chicken I've ever eaten. It's served over pork fried rice. The rice is shimmering with oil and has large chunks of pork and onions in it. The chicken is in big chunks along with broccoli and carrots and mushrooms. It comes with a pretty decent egg roll for 8.95. Makes for a hell of a lunch with some left over usually.

The most ghetto Chinese place that I seen is on Beach Channel Drive on Far Rockaway, somewhere in beach 40-60s. It has only 2 tables and a bulletproof plastic glass.