The usual goons, including all the Admiral's ignorant family members, are up in arms about John Schnatter. The fools don't understand that Schnatter doesn't employ any of the people whose jobs are at risk, because he's a franchisor. It's the employees of his franchisees who he is predicting may lose jobs, if the franchisees determine they can't afford the cost of Obamacare. Schnatter doesn't have anything to say about it. That won't stop the perpetually outraged, though. None of them has ever made a payroll or had to worry about input costs.

The franchisee pays Schnatter 6% of sales as a royalty to pay for the use of the brand name and the recipes. Probably another 6% as contribution to a regional or national cooperative advertising campaign (those awful "Better ingredients, better pizza" commercials). So 12% goes away off the top. Then the franchisee gets to pay the useless teenagers and retards who work for him, at the state-mandated minimum wage which is at least 150% of what they're worth. He pays for ingredients, marketing collateral (boxes and flyers), rent and electricity. After all of that, there might be a buck to a buck and a half left over from every pizza for the shop owner to pay himself to work there 100 hours a week, after having invested $500K to a million to build out the store. (Better hope there's not too much debt.) When Schnatter says Obamacare might add 15¢ to the cost of a pizza, he's really talking about 10-15% of what few nickels are left over for the poor shop owner, who takes all the risk of failure if the phone don't ring and nobody orders no pizza.

At some point, it's not worth it.

By the way, the Admiral just came back from a trip to the UK. Wanna guess how much your $12.00 Papa John's pizza runs in the UK, where they have the kind of wonderful social benefits Obama's fixing you up with? THIRTY BUCKS. The cost of supporting all the freeloaders is a lot less pizzas for the families of those who work.

I make my living from regulatory complexity. More regulations mean more work for me. I'm wealthy, and accustomed to eight-dollar gas and thirty-dollar pizzas anyway. So I'll be fine. But I don't think that's good for Americans. That's what the dipshits have voted for, though: More work for me!