Originally Posted By: Jerkules
When I was in KFC the other day, a lineman in from Florida asked if they had fried okra. 17y/o looked at him like he had 3 head and told him, "No. Is that a Southern thing?"

"Nah, it aint a Southern thing. They got it in Georgia... and South Carolina... and North Carolina......."

Lineman dude was large (6'4?), so I had to make sure I didn't LOL.

I hope I didn't post this story already.

Of all the things they don't have in KFC up here, I am jealous of the cream corn.

That lineman may have been my cousin no kidding. he works for Duke energy but then again linemen tend to be bigguns if they're non-union.

Anyway, for the best God Damn thing anywhere, get you some good fried okra and ladle some good creamed corn over it and eat it together. I don't think it would even come close in a KFC, because the fried okra has to be breaded in corn meal and cooked crispy not battered, and the creamed corn is not sweetened. I'm thinking the canned stuff is more to the sweet side.

My Memaw's "cut-corn" and fried okra was my desert as well as my two veggies for many years. It was divine. My Mom can do it, but it takes an act of congress to get it done.