My friends and I had done window pane and mushrooms a few times but I was not big into trips. I liked it but it took too much out of me and lasted too long. One night during senior year of high school, my buddy and I went to the midnight movies and ran into a friend of ours we hadn't seen for a while. He had been out to Colorado to see a string of Grateful Dead shows and had come back with a Visene bottle full of killer acid.
We stuck our dumb ass tongues out and he dosed each of us with three or four full drops. The movie was Zappa's 200 Motels and by the time the Centerville piece came on I knew I was in way over my head. I remember walking through the parking garage and some of driving home, but it really is a miracle we got home.
I also remember at one point during the night looking over at the stereo and seeing the album slow to a dead stop and start to melt into the receiver, which then poured the green from the radio dial all over the night stand. I looked over at my buddy and he had aged about 70 years and looked like an old man.
I feel the same way about acid vs shrooms. Mushrooms are much lighter and less edgy and make you want to be outside. Mellow Mushrooms.