i have two cockerspaniel poodles(im sure ive mentioned them),one small one and one big one.they became best friends and mates right away after we got the little guy and introduced him.there was some jealousy for a little bit after we got the lil one,so nina would shit inside the house to get negative attention even though she loved cage.but other than that they love each other and even kiss on the mouth.ive had them reeanct that scene from lady and the tramp with the pasta kiss also.so cute.

maybe your sisters dog was just kind of shy.ive heard on a tv show or read somewhere that female cockerspaniels can be picky with attention.when they want attention they want alot of it,but when they need their space theyll hang out by themselves.ive noticed this in nina even though shes only half spaniel.

another thing ive noticed about the poodles is that theyre all kisses.if i get my face anywhere near them theyll bombard me with kisses until they feel theyve kissed me enough.