Originally Posted By: gia jordan
From age 16 and on, I was vegetarian for 8 years, vegan for 2 years, then ate meat again for years. While performing, I was mostly vegan but the problem was that I was eating a grain based diet. That's where many vegs and vegans fail and they don't even know it.

Towards the end of performing, I got hip to Weston A. Price where I learned the dangers of soy and the benefits of meat as long as it's not processed or in some microwave or fast food form. I call that 'factory food,' Luckily, I never in my life got into factory food and always felt it was cheating yourself from real, honest to goodness taste. Then I started reading David Wolfe and my diet was mostly raw and has been for the past 4 years. Raw food means food that isn't meant to be cooked such as veggies and fruit. Cooking depletes its enzymes and sucks all the oxygen out; thus negating the point of even eating greens and such. Honestly, since I ditched the grain based diet years ago for mostly raw, my metabolism is faster and my energy is through the roof.

Currently, I'm reading a lot of Douglas Graham. He is 100% raw vegan and eschews even agave syrup and nuts. I'm trying that now and like it. We'll see how that goes. If not, I'll return back to high-raw and eat meat way before I'll touch dairy or a grain.

Hi Gia, since it's been about three years since you described your diet, I was wondering if you have anything to amend to your previous post. Do you still enjoy and advocate a raw diet? Anything you've changed or learned regarding nutrition in the past couple years?

Thanks for your time and advice.