I saw it today, but I actually saw it when it 1st came out when I was a YOUNG kid (hey, what can I say, my mom was pretty lax), and I never realized until recently that two minutes were cut from the ending 3 days after it was released I've seen stills from the deleted "hospital scene," but I guess it didn't play well & Kubrick decided to cut it out (and likely ordered the footage destroyed).

Apparently the hotel manager, Stuart Ullman goes to the hospital where Wendy is in the with her son Danny. He then visits her, apologizes for what happened, says that they didn't find any traces of the events she claimed had happened, that they were unable to locate Jack's body, and invites her to live with him. She doesn't say yes or no. Then he goes into the hallway of the hospital, passes in front of Danny, who is playing on the ground with some toys. When he gets near the exit, he stops and says, 'I almost forgot, I have something for you.' And he pulls from his pocket the yellow ball that the twins had thrown at Danny. It bounces twice, Danny catches it, looks at it, then lifts his eyes towards the hotel manager, stupefied, realizing that throughout the story he was aware of the mystery of the hotel. I never saw the scene, so I don't know how it really played compared to the version I and most everyone else saw.

Anyway, here is a still from the deleted scene:

Edited by Jim Rockford (07/15/12 02:18 PM)