Originally Posted By: LouCypher
I've heard that too...on the rogan podcast I think?.
Still, mallo has left the window open with his days gone by reference and the lack of refrigeration in that pic.

In related news to Gia's wormwood drop ergot poisoning may have been responsible for the Salem witch trials. Google away on that one..

Wormwood is a power house when it comes to killing yeast over growth (insert yeast infection joke here). Also the chemical artemisinin along with the aerial parts are used to make anti-malarial pharmaceuticals. Artemisinin can kill just about all malarial parasites.

It also has azeulenes, which is an anti-inflammatory. Sesquiterpene lactones acts as an anti-tumor. It also tends to retain a lot of moisture leaving a light powdery fungus on leaves. Which is easy to mistake for just a slightly dirty leaf that appears to be easy to just wipe off. Wish I could remember the name of the fungus.

I was so fascinated by this herb when studying in school. It does incredible things and happens to be so multi-purpose. It's very popular among Traditional Chinese Medicine as well.

If you're a lover of absinthe, I'd recommend investing the money on a absinthe that actually uses the herbs rather than artificial ingredients. You may as well enjoy the medicinal/therapeutic properties while you're at it. :-P