Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
It reminds me of my ex when I first stasrted started having panic attacks. I had a million "causes". Everything from heart failure to a tumor to her poisoning me to demon possession. About 20 or so others.

Panic attacks are fun, aren't they? I used to get these strange pains in my left arm which I didn't realize were related to a couple of ruptured discs in my neck. I'd get myself all worked up thinking it had to be related to my heart and then it'd turn into a panic attack, which can resemble a heart attack. And the more I tried to convince myself that it wasn't a heart attack, the more I'd be able to convince myself that maybe, just maybe, it was.

"I'm diabetic, mostly sedentary, somewhat overweight, I drink like a fish, Oh GOD I'm about to fucking die!" Then there was the time my thyroid pill dosage got out of whack and I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and a racing heart and convinced myself I was about to have a stroke. Good times.