Originally Posted By: freestylah
Alaska sure is beautiful.

I plan on doing a lot of biking this summer, which means I'm bound to see at least a few black bear. The brown bear near the trail keep themselves well hidden, but black bear will sometimes get caught wandering about. The first time I saw a black bear on the trail, I spooked him and he ran off directly towards what turned out to be a big wedding party. Everyone scattered and ran inside and the bear looted any food he could find and started digging in all the garbage cans for more. It wound up in the newspaper.

The second black bear I saw was a mother with cubs. She was on one side of the trail and of course the cubs were on the other. Meaning I had to sit there for 30 minutes until they wandered off, so that I wouldn't have to bike in-between them. If I see anything cool this summer, I'll try to get some pics to post here. Moose are an everyday sight, sometimes I'll see 5 or 10 of them on a 20 mile ride. And then an occasional red fox and one time a porcupine.