Originally Posted By: gia jordan
There's no magical 'remove toxins after years of eating crap.' There are foods that are detoxifying because they're nutrient dense or high alkaline, but this 'detoxifying' comes after years of eating clean and healthy. will you see a dif before that- as in a few months in? Yes. But juice fasts are not it. The only thing juice fasts do is make people lose water weight and make standard american diet eaters think "wow, eating healthy sure was hard. I'll never do that again.'

I'm not going to get too involved in this, since for most people disagreeing with their nutrition beliefs is like criticizing their religion or their politics, only less fun and more annoying, but you actually seem like you are smarter than the average hippie who substitutes buzzwords about food as a substitute for knowledge.

Anyway, I broke my own vow not to get involved in these discussions because you mentioned a buzzword that is new to me and that I find strangely curious because it is an area that's a personal interest of mine. So, what is the significance of "high alkaline food"?

By the way, this is not a Gotcha type question. I'm not interested in a nutrition debate or to prove you wrong. I actually probably won't respond back at all since I'm kinda derailing the whole thread, but I have heard this term thrown around only a handful of times, all very recently, and I'm genuinely curious to know what people are talking about.