The table has this little tassel pull on a string. I think she had jumped up to play with it as a toy and sent the whole thing crashing over. I didn't post the second half of the incident. Immediately after the crash, she sprinted across the room and body slammed an old Apple flatscreen monitor that I was going to donate to charity. She broke the back stand off of it.

When I came into the room, I thought that was the only thing broken, even though I clearly had heard glass breaking. So I was a little confused. I went back into the kitchen and came back after I heard this strange plink-plink-plink sound, which was my cat pickup up pieces of glass in her mouth and dropping them on the floor. She just goes nuts every once in a while and does things like leap halfway up the wall to scratch a spot that looks like a bug. But she's never done real damage before this. Between the two items, it was $1,000+ in the span of 10 seconds.

She was in "timeout" for a whole day, locked in a room. Which only served to irritate me, because she'd go into these loud meowing fits every time she heard my voice. She's since been released, having learned nothing.

Attachments
screen.jpg (131 downloads)