Here's where Steezo almost burnt down his back porch. I was testing out a new infra-red grill with a rotisserie to cook a lamb for Greek Easter. After 10 minutes on high with the lid closed, the lamb still wasn't getting very browned so we went inside for some wine for another 10 minutes. Well... KABOOOM!! The motherfucker ignited.

Infra-red grills can get extremely super-hot, so it took a few minutes to get things settled down and about a half hour or so until it actually cooled down after we'd shut off the gas completely. The fucking lamb looks completely scorched, but it wasn't at all ruined. In fact, it was really good.

That fucked up looking pan under the roast is what I slid underneath it to squelch the fire. The part of the grill behind the lamb is looking a bit scorched, but that part at the very back that looks like a black background... that's the inside lid of my brand new grill. It used to be silver brushed steel. I'm hoping some elbow grease and Barkeeper's Friend will polish things back to looking new again.

This is the finished product. Yeah, it looks like a fucking meteorite, but it still tasted great and (amazingly) not sooty at all.

Xristos Anesti!

Attachments
burnt1.jpg (316 downloads)
burnt2.jpg (317 downloads)