Here ya are, Steezie-

2 cups all-purpose flour4 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup shortening
1 egg2/3 cup milk
Directions
1.In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg with milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
2.Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead 20 times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm

Replace all purpose flour with bread flour. Replace shortening with frozen butter, and DEFINITELY use buttermilk instead of regular milk. If you have a mixer, they will probably turn out even better than the ones that I'm restricted to making, as you can cut the butter into the mix as it's mixing. I just take about five minutes and shave off tiny pieces into the bowl, like whittling a stick of wood, then I mix it vigorously with a fork. Also, fuck that kneading 20 times bullshit. You want that butter to stay solid with as minimal melting as possible. Keeping the butter as solid as possible will ensure the flaky/fluffy goodness of the whole affair. As soon as you poor in the milk mixture, just sort of toss it around until there's no more loose dry ingredients. Transfer to a well floured surface, and immediately start pushing down and cutting. Make sure your oven is ready to go and your cookie sheet is well greased BEFORE you start mixing shit. Every second that butter melts is points taken away from fluffy-ness.

Edited by fartz (04/15/12 07:40 AM)