The trend I have noticed with GTA games anyway is the PC version gets released about a year after the console. My theory is they want to recoup their money before PC gamers pirate the shit out of their games.

And I don't blame them at all.

I have seen some interesting stuff done with he Nintendo DS. One of the neighbor kids had his all hacked up so it could be used as a cell phone.

PSP has sold 71 million world wide. DS has sold 150 million.

The DS sold at a profit, the PSP was a loss leader.

And with a SD card I can play whatever game I want on the DS. And do homebrew apps.

I have a genesis, PS1, 2 SNES consoles and own an arcade cabinet. But with even a simple cheap pc I can play ALL the games for ALL those systems. Even the DS is emulated. I have not checked on PS2 or 3 emulation because it probably involves dicking around with PSN. And why would anyone bother with an XBOX360. You pay for net access through the console. AND you pay for net access to your house. Even if it were 1 dollar a month it's still nickle and diming.

You can stay true to lots of things but that doesn't make them good. I don't admire a loyal Reliant Robin driver for the same reason I don't like other inferior products. If you are going to be loyal to a product pick a superior one.

I built a gaming PC for someone last week for the grand total of nothing (hardware cost). All salvaged and cannibalized hardware. Used a card that has DVI, VGA, and HDMI out so it goes right to his TV.

I guess all I am getting at is why pay more for less?

The only thing in my build that cost any money was a windows 7 serial number.

Now there are other potential expenses if you get serious about this. Gaming mice and keyboards are not free.