Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
What is the backstory on Shane taking the walk? I know he bailed, but I don't know why. I assume some heat with dad and/ or family, but I can also see a situation of wanting to strike out on your own and make your own mark in an industry that you weren't born into.

As for Franchise working at the Target, it's easy to giggle about it (God knows I have), but I've also known folks who've put in years at the Mart, or Target, or Albertsons or wherever that are pretty happy with the choices they've made. I mean, we get a steady drumbeat of those being loser gigs by people who have a bigger agenda, but there's money to be made there in the long haul. If I had to choose between the POS, no future, soul crushing gig that I've invested a decade- plus in today and investing the 20+ years in the grocery gig I had in college, I know which I'd choose today.

Yeah you can make jokes about Wal-Mart or Target and the people that work there but you never hear any story on the news about massive lay offs and downsizing at either of those stores. It's not glamorous but as long as you have half a brain in your head you never have to worry about the unemployment line.