Originally Posted By: Bornyo
Originally Posted By: fartz
I know. I wish I lived in a real house and not an apartment. I could actually do one up.

Fartz you could try one of those new infrared/indirect cookers. I think some of them are even electric. I've had turkey cooked in them and I swear it was every bit as good as deep fried without having to buy 30.00 worth of peanut oil.

Here's an electric one by Char Broil. http://www.charbroil.com/ProductInfo/54-95-2234/The-Big-Easy-2in1-Electric-Smoker--Roaster.aspx

Thanks Bornyo. Turkey's a tough one. There's no middle ground. It comes out tender and fantastic, or dry and shitty. I've been trying to master oven-roasted Turkey for years, and a 24 hour salt/sugar brine has produced the best results. The biggest problem I come across is infusing flavor. Some fresh herb bouquets and lemon wedges in the brine helps, but only leaves an essence, and nothing close to a bold flavor. Stuffing the cavity goes a long way in flavoring the dark meat, but it stops there.

On a side note, I grabbed a quick smoke after I clicked that link, and when I came back in, there was a live window up with a charbroil associate asking me if I needed assistance. I resisted the urge to ask for a free one.

Panzer-
Where can I get one of these cheap.