Reading is where it's at as far as hobbies go. You can go and do anywhere and anything. It's cheap and basically limitless and renewable. No way you can read everything.

My sister is a librarian, so she serves as a good filter. She knows what I like which on most counts is nothing like what she reads, but when she finds out about a good author in my preferred "jondras" she mails me pre-pub proofs and also emails recommendations. She's not been wrong yet, then we get to yuck it up about Grisham's bubble-gum writing style that is so addictive (one night reads) and how in the hell did Stephen King ever scare hell out of us with a printed page and how we can connect to the Florida lamented in Tom Dorsey books.

I have/had a lot of hobbies but none have been so fulfilling or constant as reading a good book. I don't have a kindle or similar and not sure I want some. If I want to schizo electronic reading experience I'll surf the web. With a book if the display is too bright, you turn to block the sun. If it's too dark, you light a candle.

Did you sell all your bass gear? If you've already lost interest it would probably be best to just sell it, even if at a loss rather than keep it around as a reminder of something you haven't finished. My experience trying to learn guitar at an advanced age (beyond high school & college) taught me learning that shit is much harder for people concerned with making a buck. Luckily I could afford decent axes which I've given to my son who learned in Jr High and he can make them sing.