Originally Posted By: amberraynefan
Originally Posted By: fartz
Originally Posted By: Bill Hicks
I'm just waiting for Mass Effect 3. Cannot fucking wait.

I'm stoked too, but less so the more I keep playing Mass Effect 2. Everything was great until they sprung the talking geth on me. It's getting kind of campy.

ME2 streamlined too much. They got rid of a lot of the free-form exploring and simply created two distinct modes of play: combat and talking. Sorry, but I'm an old school RPG-er. I want to fool around with inventory, spend time selling stuff, out-fitting my guys IN DETAIL , explore every inch of terrain, etc...

Yes the production values were sleek and the combat was good, but it just wasn't the RPG experience I was hoping for. I just missed that ME1 feel.

(P.S. - I fucked the shit out of Ashley in ME1. I had a black shepard too -- OF course!!!)

Tritone, the exploration in ME sucked ballz. I loved the Galaxy Map and the idea of exploring it, but you're telling me you actually enjoyed driving that janky rover thing around, bouncing off walls, and having to hide behind rocks to cheaply finish off impossibly tough larger enemies? The ground combat was fucking silly as well. I felt like I was shooting one of those plastic guns that fire foam balls. I'll even go as far as to say that the game was damn near broken. The story and conversation trees pretty much made that game for me.

Mass Effect 2 fined-tuned the combat to feel more fluid and realistic, and also put up a lot more lines of dialogue for the conversations. It also greatly expands on the mythology of the game's universe, especially if you read the codex and the planet descriptions. The only problem I had with ME2 was the campy tone that started small and gradually picked up until it exploded in my face with a talking geth. Still, I've already put my $60.00 down on ME3 and am excited to see how the whole thing concludes.