I loved Kenny Roger's Roaster, particularly their side dish of garlic red potatoes.

Getting back to fried chicken, sometimes a really good piece of fried Chicken is whatever a Chinese restaurant serves on their appetizer platter. It's usually just wings & drummettes, but it can be really tasty. I know that Momofuku restaurant in NYC is supposed to make some of the best fried chicken around.

Come to think of it, some of the best meals in a restaurant can be the items that aren't within their signature cuisine-type. Like the most popular Mexican restaurant up here used to sell the best BBQ beef sandwiches and Prime Rib. One of the best steaks in town is at a downtown Chinese restaurant. And when I was a kid, my parents would always yell at me when I'd get a cheeseburger at their favorite Chinese place. It was amazing. Mostly because it tasted like they fried the entire hamburger bun in butter.

My gripe with a lot of Chinese places is that they make me feel like they hate/mistrust their customers. One place always waits until I show up and pay for the food before they even start to cook my to-go orders. And every time I order, I ask when it'll be ready and they always say the same thing: "10 Minute!" But it's never ready when I get there.