Originally Posted By: amberraynefan
Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate

That's your one reason? Seriously? You're nothing more than a minstrel.

OK..how about ...

1. Prevented a disastrous economy from collapsing by quickly passing a stimulus plan. Personally, I don't think the plan was big enough but it was as much as he could get passed.

2. Killed Osama Bin Laden

3. Eliminated many high-value terrorist targets around the world

4. Ended the Iraq War

5. Set a DEFINITE end to the quagmire in Afghanistan

6. Rescued U.S. Civilians from Somali pirates in a nail-biting
and courageous "Command-In-Chief" moment

7. Consolidated the student loan process, making it easier for the government (I.e. taxpayers) to get its money back, and streamlining it for students.

8. Passed the first step towards making Health Care more accessible to many Americans

9. TARP plan. As atrocious and sickening as the bail-out was, we got all our money back PLUS more.

10. SAVED THE US AUTO INDUSTRY . Seriously, he did. By recognizing that sometimes you need to step in and interrupt the "INVISIBLE HAND", The President brought life back to an important U.S. industry

11. Showing the world that the USA can be a partner and co-ordinate actions with other nations instead of being a cowboy and sending in the military for everything.

12. Hope. Yeah, I know it's corny but I feel better about this nation with Barack Obama at the helm. And the world does too.

P.S. - BTW, did I mention he got Bin Laden?

1)Psychic? I mean, it's fun to talk about the Near Economic Collapse, but that's been the case since 1970's, when I was first politically aware. The economy didn't "collapsed" any of those times before, most of which were much more dire.

2)Not personally. And you know he was pretty conflicted about it.

3)See Number 2.

4)Google "US Embassy Baghdad". Of course the war is over.

5)Please cite. I know nothing of this. Not saying you're lying, but this is the first I've heard of a date.

6)See Number 2. He's not Rambo, you know.

7)Get back to me in a year when it's just another bloated ineffectual bureaucracy .

8)Yes. That first is a, um, first step alright. No, I'm afraid "health care" will not be a big selling point for a second term. This one goes in the minus catagory.

9)Atrocious and sickening. Goodness, Mabel. Honestly, I don't know anything about it. I doubt you do, either, beyond a search at Daily Koz. I'll give you this one. Hooray! One up!!

10)I'll give you the car one, because I think it was a short term win. At the end of the day, right or wrong, it worked. I have some long term concerns with government and/ or industry having some cavalier thinking about jumping into bed together. But I'll give you this one. Two up, Toby!!

11)Utter bullshit. The US is always known for that. That's why when some backwater has a natural disaster, we get called first. And we get there first. It's been that way since World War II. I have to say, this one really does offend me. I just hope you're being biased, because the only other option is being fucking stupid.

12) Awww. He makes you feel warm and snuggly. How sweet. He just spoons you and that makes it all better. I actually think this one should be Number 1. He makes jigs like you think for a second that they aren't savages. And he makes it so secretly racist white folks can think that they're good after all because they helped elect a darkie. He's everything to everyone. As for the rest off the world feeling all warm for him, you're right. The majority of the world are barbarians. I'm sure they sleep soundly knowing that King Barry the Mild is at the helm of the US ship of state.

So you got like 3. Look at the big brain on Trite. You exceeded expectations. That must be a new and wonderful feeling for you.

Fucking minstrel.