little drinks must be the theme of the day... we went to a dinner party tonight at mrs. lous employers home. the boss-lady runs daddys fuel oil company and her hubby is a vp of something or other at a beer distributor. these fucken people had a shots bar. they decided that on christmas eve they'd invite 200+ people over and serve shots for the first 2 hours before food came out. sure there was wine and kegs downstairs but the entire first floor was dedicated to three stations of chilled shots. fuuuck.

i've never seen so many drunk people in one place before and the broads took the brunt of the damage. i'm talking two catfights and one meltdown that included the phrase "you never loved me anyways!!". gotta love the holidays.

we saw the writing on the wall and decided to be spectators for the most part. i'll admit to breaking my no booze rule tonight and firing down 5 or so kamikazes but it was in effort to get others to drink so i left feeling justified in my alcoholism. lucky for me mrs. lou was served something that set off a food allergy and we got out of there before any knife fights or wife swapping went down. i am so looking forward to the phone calls tomorrow though.