I'm not sure about the water in a tobacco waterpipe removing THC. As I understand it, and I could be wrong, THC isn't water soluable (jondra?), which is why you can't flush it out of your system for a drug test. I think the point of a tobacco waterpipe is for the water to take out some of the harshness.

I've got a nice piece that has these nubs about half way up the tube that holds ice cubes above the waterline. It cools the smoke a lot and makes for a smoother hit. Messy, tho. Lots of condensation and the ice melts pretty quickly. It also has little holes punched in the stem that supposedly diffuses the smoke into smaller bubbles rather than one big bubble. I kind of scoffed, but it's the smoothest bigger piece I have.

The only vape I've ever used is a bottom of the line one I bought from the Chinese. Like they said, it's super smooth. You really don't get any smoke at all if you do it right. We took it up with us to see the Pot Snobs of Pend Orielle County, who were unimpressed. They said the missed the "smoking experience". It's a bit of a production number to set up, but it's really nice if you've got a cold or something.

As for edibles, everyone's kind of covered it. Just using plain ol' weed is a more body kind of high. Bongo Boy next door gave us some fruity pebbles squares that were pretty tasty. A really light body high, followed by much sleepiness. You couldn't taste the weed at all. I think the technology of edibles has gotten pretty far past brownies and such, especially in the Med Pot states. There are so many boutique strains now that target specific conditions, and the edibles are going the same way. There's such a demand for quality that the brownies my friends sister used to make from trimmings would never pass muster.

I'm a beer snob, Lou. I wouldn't touch any of the "big" beers, except Coors. If I'm going to take the time to drink some beers, they're going to be good ones, or at least ones I made. I seldom drink all day, but it'll be liquor when I do.