Originally Posted By: Rear Admiral
Quote:
I am checking the site for over an hour and I may order some stuff. I gotta buy in bulk to get the low price and I gotta sift through the products to get an assortment so I can have the edge over other eBay sellers without sacrificing lots of margin. So far I saved 5 products and looking for more.

Alex, if you're going to buy in bulk and resell on eBay, skip AliExpress.com and head for Alibaba.com. That's the B2B English-language portal and you'll get even better prices.

But I'm not sure you'll be able to outdo the South China and Hong Kong-based sellers on eBay like "hongkongbuy", who are also acting as resellers for China manufacturers of sex toys. You'll have to offer better service or something.

You may be onto something with talking to a New York-area glassblower. There is something to be said for "Made in the USA", with designs that are proprietary. You like to draw sick and sadistic torture implements; have you considered getting into the fucking-machine business? There's a guy selling a $20 do-it-yourself set of instructions at FukBox, which should serve as a primer on what goes into making one of those devices. The margins are absolutely insane on those things, easily 200-500%. Maybe you could become a manufacturer of innovative fucking machines.

Just remember: People (other than you) will pay for quality and design. Don't aim for the low-cost market. Aim for the high-cost, high-value market, like the sainted Steve Jobs did.

Come to think of it, the name Panzer seems tailor-made as a brand name for the manufacturer of a fearsome fucking machine/torture chamber.

I agree about AliBaba, because at AliExpress only a few sellers offer nice prices; when I switch to 20+ units then I go from free shipping to like $233.00 by UPS. But with AliBaba you need freight forwarding, customs clearance and all the import forms, which I don't really want to deal as a guy who sells from home. If I had a full-time company with warehouse then yes, it would make sense.

Designs can be easily knocked off by changing couple of features here and there, because of the utility features that are in sex toys.

I was thinking about my own sex company but it would involve a lot of resources to make it work in the competing market. I think an enema company that would make and sell the goods. Even with offices in Russia and Ukraine. Kinda like Klystra but different.

Also a webstore for anal sex toys. I even got the domain name for it.

And proprietary lubes like Ass Oil and Butt Butter.