Originally Posted By: Jerkules
From Lordsofpain.net:

Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Barry Windham is currently hospitalized in an intensive care unit in Florida, reports PWInsider.com.

Windham, 50, reportedly suffered either a stroke or heart attack within the last 24 hours. There is a claim that he was discovered fallen and awake but suffering.

WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan, his father, posted a notice on Facebook asking fans to keep Windham in their prayers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
If it was a stroke, I'll attribute it to heavy cocaine use in his 20's. That is usually the cause of early strokes. If it was a heart attack, I attribute it to being a 350 pound redneck. He never looked like he juiced. Never even really looked like he worked out in a gym, just the ring.

His first heel turn on GCW broke my heart.

You never know. My doctor told me one time if you can get from 45 to about 53 without a coronary or stroking out, you were probably good til your 70's at least. He basically said being 45 is in and of itself a risk factor. One minute you're in the sack with a hot girl, or guy, and the next, you're a lampshade.

Whose crank did he have to suck to be World Champion?