Posted here not to derail my sale of Sicily to Gen:

Originally Posted By: tattypatty
i thought you'd be huge. You look more like Huskyman than Fatman...

Like I've said I'm more thick than flabby. More football lineman than soft-muscled man-tittied fatty. But, still I weigh between 270-280 in that pic. And at 5'11ish [I've lost an inch in the last two decades] I should weigh closer to 200.

I've weighed as much as 355.

But, I LOVE the name FatMan.

My assistant, who adored me, gave me the sobriquet when I used to work for a dying internet company.

I was on the 4th floor and most of the employees were on the 5th. I was separate since in addition to H/R duties, I did most of the negotiations with our creditors and our lack of funds was a state secret. In my two plus years there, I only was sure I could make payroll more than two days in advance three times.

If I had an issue with an employee, I would usually call him/her to come down to my desk. But, if I wanted to make a public point, I would go up and use public accountability to create a future deterrent, something I liked and warped to my own needs from TQM.

The 5th floor was a wild, stereotypical internet shop where beer drinking and foosball were more often performed, and certainly better executed, than writing decent HTML or Flash code.

My assistant was an adorable, brilliant, blue-eyed Eastern-European born Jersey City hip hop dancer, social butterfly, inexorable flirt, boob flasher and friend of everyone.

She HATED when I would go up there and play like I was Jesus among the money changers in the Temple.

If she saw me heading upstairs and out of earshot, she would call and announce "Fat Man Walking" to better prepare them for the unannounced visit.

It was supposed to be a secret code. But, they blabbed about it on blogs they created to complain about the company. And, I knew about the blogs because I had their internet use tracked.

I liked the label and kept it. Much to my surprise, as I signed up on things on the net, I found that there were 100's of FatMen.

Back to the weight: I've been stuck between 270 and 290 for a while. Mostly because I've been trying to pack up my stuff to move and it drains me emotionally to go thru stuff I've been avoiding.