Quote:

The pertinent distinction is that Gadhafi has American blood on his hands due to his belief that he is a worldwide player, while Jordan is friendly and in Syria the Assads at least usually confine themselves to their Levantine sphere of interest.

That Lockerbie thing JB is going off about, that was in '88. Just after the Iraqi invasion (believe it was '04), Ghaddafi came clean with the US, opened his country up to inspections, and wasn't even suspected of desiring terrorists ties. We took him off our state sponsored terrorist lists and opened trade with him.

I guess you could take the position that once they've terrorized western interests, you are always going to hold them accountable no matter what effort they take to make amends... I don't agree with that opinion. But, there's no blatant disregard of any facts like JB has with his opinions.

And, the guys running the mission, it doesn't sound like they agree with you either. They consider it purely a humanitarian mission on behalf of Arabs: Click

By saying usually Syria confines themself to their Levantine sphere of influence, I guess your making it relative. But the head of the militant wing of Hamas lives in Syria. And, quick Google search: Click. That was in '86, but this Lockerbie thing you guys are up in arms about was in '88.